The largest pool complex built in Sydney since the 2000 Olympics will be heated by our Cogeneration system.
Inspired by Sydney’s famous ocean swimming spots, the City of Sydney’s new Gunyama Park Aquatic and Recreation Centre will offer great swimming experiences.
From children playing and friends taking a dip to serious swimmers improving lap times – there will be something for everyone.
There will also be plenty of outdoor space to relax and play in, including a playground and picnic facilities, a fitness training circuit and a 4,950sqm multipurpose sports field.
- 50m heated outdoor pool set within a larger, irregular shaped ‘beach pool’.
- 25m heated indoor program pool.
- Indoor leisure pool.
- Heated hydrotherapy pool.
- Health and fitness centre and covered outdoor yoga deck.
- Bangala, a new public artwork by Aunty Julie Freeman (Eora/Yuin) with Jonathan Jones (Wiradjuri/Kamilaroi).
We have designed an innovative energy cogeneration system to heat and power the centre designed and supplied by Simons Green Energy. It will give us flexibility in managing energy consumption and help us reduce our carbon footprint. It will also make the centre significantly cheaper to run every year.
A large array of solar panels on the roof of the centre will connect to the City’s local electricity network in the Green Infrastructure Centre in Joynton Avenue.
This means surplus electricity will be used to power buildings in the neighbouring community and cultural precinct.